AEM's Series 2 Programmable Engine Management System is more powerful than its predecessor. In addition to more robust hardware, there are several improvements over the original EMS, noted in the chart below. Like its predecessor, AEM's Series 2 Plug & Play EMS plugs directly into a vehicle's factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring or hardware. Windows® compatible software (XP,vista, windows7) makes the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. The new AEMTUNER software is infinitely adjustable software and allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately delivers proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operation condition.
- Plugs directly into the factory harness. No rewiring necessary.
- Uses all the factory sensors.
- Includes start up calibration.
- System is fully enabled and unlocked - never pay for upgrades !
- Context sensitive help eases tuning process
- Maps can be password protected by the tuner to prevent unauthorized usage or sharing.
- Runs on Windows-compatible software.
- Up to 12 peak and hold injector drives.
- Up to 8 direct-fire coil outputs.
- Up to 16 general-purposes outputs.
- Up to 8 definable switch inputs.
- Up to 4 EGT inputs with fuel control.
- 1MB of internal data logging.
- Electronic boost control.
- Full idle control.
- Programmable traction control.
- Software definable knock control
- Two step launch control
- User configurable soft-cut rev limiters.
- Wet or dry nitrous control.
- Tune using new USB Communication port or serial port.
- Works will all AEM Gauges
Injector Outputs: 12 Saturated
Coil outputs: 6
Selectable direct Drive or 0-5V Coil Output: Yes
Direct Plug in, no jumper harness required: Yes
General purpose LS outputs: 12
General Purpose HS outputs: 4
Individual Cylinder ignition trims: Yes
Individual Cylinder Fuel trims: Yes
Trigger inputs (fef/Sync) : 4
Analog voltage inputs : 23
Configurable Analog/RTD/Thermister inputs : 4
Switch Inputs: 5
Lambda inputs: 2x
Knock Sensors: 2
User Adjustable Knock Sensor center frequency: Yes
USB comms: Yes
RS232 Comms: Yes
Communication Cables included: Yes
Fully enabled editing/logging software included: Yes
Can bus equipped: Yes
RS232 datastream output: 19 ch
Can datastream output: 19 ch
Communicates with AIM Dash dataloggers: Yes
Communicates with racepak Dash/Dataloggers: Yes
Internal data logging: 1 MB
Maximum internal logging rate (per channel) 250 Hz
PC logging: Yes
Data Analysis using AEMLog : Yes
Functions and features :
All channels/ Maps/Tuning options unlocked: Yes
Boost Control : Yes
Groundspeed based boost target: Yes
Stage injection: Yes
Ground Speed liming: Yes
Rate of Acceleration Control: Yes
Overrun boost enhancement (anti-lag): Yes
Gear change ignition cut (shift-without-lift) : Yes
Password protected calibrations: Yes
Fuel & Ignition rev limiters: Yes
"In cockpit" global fuel trim capability: Yes
Gear dependent shift light: Yes
Evap/Purge Function: Yes
DC Motor Control: 2 Ch
Software definable "virtual" switch Inputs: 2
EGT Based fuel trims: yes
Maximum boost limit: none
- 1999-2000 Honda Civic CX,DX,LX, 1.6L
- 1999-2000 Honda Civic Ex 1.6L Vtec
- 1999-2000 Honda Civic Si 1.6L Vtec